Sunday 4 August 2013

Reasons I Fell for the Funny Fat Friend by Cassie Mae (writing as Becca Ann)

Genres: Young Adult, Contemporary, Humour, Romance
Publication Date: January 7th 2013
POV: Male - First-person, Present tense.
My Rating: 5 out of 5

_______________

It’s stupid to fall for your brother’s ex. It’s even worse to enlist another’s help to win the ex over. But Brody is desperate and Hayley, his partner in American Sign Language, is more than willing to lend him a few tips.

She’s the school’s matchmaker,’ and with her bizarre and positive personality, Brody finds her easy to talk to, even about the most awkward situations. Hayley’s tips seem to be working, but as Brody learns more about his matchmaker, he starts finding reasons to spend time with her, and not the girl he thought he was in love with.

But Hayley isn’t ready to fall for anyone. Labeled the “Funny Fat Friend” within her group, her self image makes it impossible for Brody to share his feelings without Hayley shrugging it off as a joke.

Convincing her Brody can, and did, fall for the “Funny Fat Friend” turns out to be harder than simply falling in love.

_______________

I have had some fairly good luck with contemps lately. This and Losing It getting 5 stars from me within a month? Thats monumental! I think maybe the trick is for me to stick to the funny contemps.

Reason 1: You know how to sign the word 'balls'
Reason 2: You walk with a book on your head
Reason 3: You know how to make awkward less awkward
Reason 4: Its easy with you
Reason 5. You know how to make a guy feel pretty good about himself
Reason 6: You give the best hugs
Reason 7: I think about you before I think about her
Reason 8: You slaughter me at Ghost Recon
Reason 9: You turned me into a psycho


The title says 'Funny Fat Friend', and they were right about the funny part. Hayley is hilarious, amazing, and totally "awesomesauce". :P And when she told Brody he had to make a list of reasons why he chose her over a skinny girl, he actually found it extremely easy, and was daily adding new things to the list as he discovered more and more reasons to love her.

Reason 10: You are the FHF--Freaking Hot Friend
Reason 11: You are perceptive
Reason 12: You don't let my jackass jerk brother get to you
Reason 13: I'd beat the crap out of my own flesh and blood for you
Reason 14: I need crave you
Reason 15: You rock some sexy ink
Reason 16: You make me feel all that gooey shit crap I'm supposed to feel
Reason 17: You're a cute little cheater
Reason 18: You make me nervous, but not nervous


Brody was a great guy. He felt totally genuine and realistic and just the right amount of sappy. He fell for Hayley fast and hard. When it started, I thought the book would be about the process of him falling for her, but he was almost instantly in awe of her, from the first chapter. The rest of the book was mostly him trying to prove it to her. Making her realize she deserved it.

Reason 19: Pictures of bleeding people don't make you want to puke
Reason 20: If eyes can be hot, yours are smoking
Reason 21: You can put boob marks in all my shirts and I wont care
Reason 22: You smile when you kiss
Reason 23: You're as horny as I am
Reason 24: I cant lie to you
Reason 25: When you're pissed at me, I turn into a depressed slob who cant stop listening to pop crap


This book was totally sweet and heartwarming, and fun, and just the right amount of drama to not piss me off. Lovable characters, a YA-appropriate touch of hot, and an HEA. What else could you ask for? :) This is definitely one that I'll be re-reading in the future.

Reason 26: I want to shout it to the world that I'm in love with you
Reason 27: You are THE girl

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...